reGeneration: 50 Photographers of Tomorrow
This remarkable exhibition, the broadest and most enterprising survey of its kind, showcases the creativity, ingenuity, and inspiration of fifty up-and-coming photographic artists. Curators at the world-renowned Musée de l’Elysée in Lausanne, Switzerland, selected the photographers from hundreds of candidates submitted by more than sixty of the world’s top photography schools. The curators’ choices were made with one key question in mind: are these images likely to be known in twenty years’ time? The results show that, as the new century builds momentum, the art of photography is alive and well, and that photographers of extraordinary talent are already making their mark. Aperture, a not-for-profit organization devoted to photography and the visual arts, has organized this traveling exhibition and produced the accompanying publications.
- Friday, January 18, 4 p.m. - Friday, January 18, 6 p.m.
- Photography Without Boundries
- Lecture hall B, West Science
- Friday, January 18, 6 p.m. - Friday, January 18, 8 p.m.
- Exhibition reception
- Thursday, February 21, 8:30 p.m.
- AD165 Suellen Parker, an artist featured in the reGeneration exhibition will give a public presentation about her artwork.